"The ABFPRS credential signifies that your surgeon:
- Has completed an approved residency after medical school in one of two surgical specialties focusing on facial plastic surgery (otolaryngology-head and neck surgery or plastic surgery);
- Is double boarded, having earned prior certification in one of those specialties through the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada;
- Has successfully completed a two-day examination;
- Has submitted for peer-review an acceptable record of at least two years’ clinical experience, including operative reports of a minimum 100 facial plastic surgeries;
- Operates in an accredited facility; and
- Holds proper licensure and subscribes to the ABFPRS Code of Ethics."
- From the ABFPRS website (11/2/11)